Environmental Protection

Chroma have working together with our customers to become a green enterprise
that makes a meaningful contribution to a more friendly Earth.
Image
Pollution Source Management
GRI 306-2;GRI 306-4
Since our production processes do not cause any public nuisance or pollution, it is not necessary for Chroma to have a permit for a fixed pollution source facility. The only waste water generated by Chroma facilities is domestic which is treated in our plants before being discharged into the waste water treatment system in the industrial parks. All domestic waste from Chroma facilities is properly handled by qualified waste disposal service providers that have been approved by the competent environmental authorities. Chroma does not transport/import/export industrial waste abroad and our processed business waste (consistent with our production quantity) is entrusted to qualified waste disposal service providers that have been approved by the competent environmental authorities for disposal or recycling.
Waste Management
Chroma is committed to the development of green energy products and the reduction of hazardous substances in relevant processes by the creation of lead-free production lines. Wastes are sorted for appropriate processing/recycling based on category, these include general, industrial and hazardous business waste. In 2019, Chroma generated a total of 370.84 tonnes of waste; 364.14 (98.19%) were non-hazardous and the remaining 6.7 tonnes (1.81%) was hazardous waste.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Chroma has been accredited with ISO 14001:2015 certification, and all our environmental and safety operations have been implemented in accordance with pertinent regulations. We have established regular tracking and declaration of waste quantity as well as specific goals for waste. There were no violations of regulations, or breaches of contract, by our waste handling and disposal contractor in 2019. The disposal and handling of Chroma waste between 2017 and 2019 is shown in the table below. Although the total volume of waste generated in 2019 was higher than that over the past three years, the increase was attributed to an increase in production.

In an effort to mitigate the damage we cause to the environment and promote the concept of resource recycling, we have posted 29 slogans in the stairwells at our Taoyuan Plant. For example, these include:“Properly waste sorting for resource recycling”,“Bring your own cup to save resources” and“A low-carbon lifestyle is the way to love our planet”. These slogans are daily reminders to our employees that energy must be conserved to reduce carbon emission and achieve the effective conservation and utilization of energy. Our success in resource recycling is evident from our recycling rate, which has increased from 54.94% last year to 62.23% this year.
Toxic Chemicals Management
Each year, Chroma organizes trainings for response to toxic chemical emergencies and hazard trainings to strengthen employee awareness and knowledge of hazardous chemicals. In 2019, two sessions of emergency response training for toxic chemicals and nine of general training for hazard knowledge were held and had a 100% achievement rate.
Image
└ Participation in the training and Q&A by the trainees
Chroma manages the use and storage of toxic chemicals according to the relevant government regulations for toxic chemicals and has all the necessary permits for their use. To ensure proper management of toxic substances and chemicals, we completed a chemical control banding (CCB) system for our three plants in 2019. The lists of chemicals available at each plant have been verified and documented in a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for the labeling of hazardous chemicals. This is based on the characteristics and compatibility of all the hazardous chemicals used. We have suitable storage areas for these chemicals and have assigned properly trained personnel for their management. All operations pertaining to these chemicals, including their procurement, storage and use, are duly logged. Furthermore, reports are made to pertinent authorities regarding the state of these controlled chemicals to ensure normal operation, which is monitored at all times.

Leakage or accidents involving hazardous chemicals during operation are handled according to the classification of the chemical in question to minimize potential damage and further hazard. We are committed to the maintenance of a safe and secure working environment in which employees can work without fear. We hope to achieve the goal of a “zero occupational hazard” workplace.
└ Hands-on exercise using protective garments and equipment
Chroma welcome your voice and please do not hesitate to contact us!
Image